Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Setting Goals to Change a Belief

Well, today is the day that I set some hard and fast goals that will change a belief.  Of course, being the person that I am, I thought long and hard about what I wanted to change first.  One of the things that ScottHYoung.com recommends is to get everything out of your head.

When I think about beliefs and what I want to change, many things start swirling around in my head like a tornado.  So, I got a piece of paper and just started writing.  I didn't worry about where on the paper I was writing, what the words were, or if it was remotely grammatically correct.  I just let that storm in my head flow onto the paper.  Then I picked one.

I have bought into the belief that my body isn't able to do some of the things that I want to achieve for a long time.  I have felt that I am stuck at this weight and cannot be a size 4 again.  As a matter of fact, I have set my diet goals at a size 8 because I felt like that was more attainable.  Then I said if I lost 20 lbs I would be happy.  The truth is that a size 4-6 is what makes me happy.  I need to change that belief that I cannot achieve that size.  I need to believe that even at this age I am able to enjoy all of the activities that I want to enjoy.

The ultimate goal is to be healthier and more toned.

Why I want to achieve this goal?

Health:  Today I hurt as I do every day.  I experience back spasms regularly and general aches and pains all day.  But, I believe that changing my diet to include non-toxic foods and good sources of protein will significantly improve my overall health.

Toned body:  There is nothing more beautiful than a toned body.  Muscular definition and lack of fat rolls are a very appealing result of changing my lifestyle.

Clothes:  I love gorgeous clothes, but at my current weight I can't fit into the things that make me the happiest.

Flexibility:  I want to have a body that doesn't have limitations in regular movements.  I feel that great flexibility will increase the youthfulness of my body.

Clear mind:  I think that a healthy body and diet provide a healthy, clear mind.  I want to keep my mind healthy and working well into my golden years.

Physical ability:  I want to be able to climb mountains, ski, or run.  I want the physical ability to do anything that I want to do.

How I will achieve this goal.

  For 30 days I will follow these eating guidelines.

  1. Eliminate foods that trigger allergies in the body:  wheat, sugar and dairy.
  2. Eat as much organic produce, meat and grains as possible.
  3. Balance my meal intake with complex carbohydrates and protein.
  4. Eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
  5. Drink 3-5 cups of green tea per day.
  6. Prepare a weekly menu and shop once a week.
  7. Write down everything that I put in my mouth.
  8. Give myself 1 day a week that I can eat anything that I want.
  9. Eat out no more than 2x per week.
  For 30 days I will follow these exercise guidelines.
  1. Start slow and build up endurance and strength.
  2. Aerobic exercise 3x per week a minimum of 20 minutes.
  3. Yoga 2x per week.
  4. Strength training 2x per week.
  5. I will keep a journal of all physical activity and how I felt emotionally that day.
For 30 days I will do the following:
  1. Visit a chiropractor 2x per month.
  2. Visit a massage therapist 1-2x per month.
  3. Take a sauna a minimum of 1x per week.

I will keep you posted on how this is working for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment