Monday, February 7, 2011

Eat, Love, Pray...but be back by six!

Maybe I got emotionally invested as Julia Roberts circled the globe in search of self-discovery.  I devoured every scene...feeling the journey as if it were my own.  I was eating, loving and praying right along side of Julia.  I missed the friends as she left Italy.  I was fidgety in the meditation room at the ashram.  I was heart broken when ........

 I had my own epiphany in that 133 minutes.  I need to own this movie.  I want to watch it over and over and relish in all the self-discovery that she goes through.  I want to experience her walks down quaint Italian streets again and again.  I want to share her discomfort at trying to meditate for the first time.  I want to get a little personal growth through osmosis.


I know this isn't what you thought I was going to say.  I'm sure you expected me to launch into a plan for my own whirlwind trip around the globe to discover what is missing in my life.  Truth is, I don't have time to think about what is missing.  I have errands to run, people to catch up with and dinner to cook.  My quest needs to happen before six o'clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment