Tuesday, February 8, 2011

365 Days

Okay so I started writing this blog, thinking about how I'm going to figure out my path/purpose and wondering where I am going to fit in all the work.  But, overnight I started to formulate a plan in my head.  The reason I am here wondering what I should be doing with my life is because I always put myself low on my to-do list.

If you are a wife, mother, employee, daughter or sister you will understand what I mean.  I wake up with good intentions for doing something for me.  I mean, I am a middle-age, overweight woman who needs a pedicure and her eyebrows waxed.  That is just the beginning.  I also need a career that fulfills me and to finish unpacking from our move over 8 months ago!! Note*  If I unpack the rest of the mystery boxes I might find the rest of my clothes.

So, I think to myself every night as I get ready for bed, "I'm going to go for a nice long walk in the morning."  In the morning, I feed the dogs, and the boys if they are with us, then check my email.  I usually have a couple of things that I need to respond to whether personal or professional.  Once I get started I get behind immediately.  So the next thing I know I am rushing to take a quick shower to be somewhere on time.

What hit me last night is that I can't keep doing this.  The laundry, housework, emails and everything else will still be there if I take a little time to do something for me.  So for the next 365 days I am going to carve out at least one hour every day to do something that gets me out of my head, allows me to breathe and take care of myself.  I mean body and soul.  Exercise, go to an interesting lecture, read something that helps me grow or take a walk outside.

During the time that I gift myself I will be turning off and tuning in.  No cell phone or computer.  Listening to myself and feeling something other than rushed and stressed!!

Found this deal this morning and think I will give hot yoga a try.  Friends say that it is an amazing experience!!

Arrichion 20 hot yoga classes for $20!

No comments:

Post a Comment