Saturday, February 19, 2011

Taking the Weekend

I've committed to spending an hour a day doing something that is for me...that is for finding my own path and some of my own personality again.  This weekend is a good example of why that is necessary.

This morning at 6:30am we are up and cooking breakfast...or I should say, I'm cooking breakfast.  Today the schedule includes SAT prep course, Lacrosse Jamboree and a Rugby match.  All in different parts of town.  Thank goodness the 17 year old can get himself to the SAT prep before he has to cart himself to his rugby match.  But, we want to send them off with a good breakfast (brain food), lunches and snacks.

In addition to all the boys activities my 21 year old stepson is in town.  His brothers are always thrilled to see him.  We welcome the rare weekends when he comes to visit.  But, he adds an element of chaos.  He lives to rile his brothers up.

Well, it is finally a little before 9 and they have all departed for their various activities.  I am just sitting down to have a cup of tea before I have to rush to get ready.  There isn't an hour here for me to do something for myself.  I've had to really look at this day hard to figure out a time that would work for me.  On top of everything it is our 11 year anniversary.  So, it might sound selfish to want just an hour to do something that makes a difference in my life personally.

But, as a gift to myself, I am going to go to the games in my own car.  I am going to leave after the last game and go to the gym.  I am worth the time that it takes to take care of myself.  That is one of the biggest things that has fallen through the cracks.  So, today will not be about reflection is is purely about me and the body that I need to look after as well as I do everyone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment