Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On the Road Again...

I am so excited about my impending trip.  And I mean impending by a few hours!!  When I said I needed to "find myself" I wasn't thinking about literally.  But, here is my opportunity.

I have a chance to go back to St. Louis and recapture this feeling I think I'm missing.  When we left there it was so sudden that I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to some of our friends.  We were certain that we would put our house on the market and have 3-4 months after that to say our farewells and get St. Louis somewhat out of our system.  Then our house sold the moment (okay a hour and a half) after we put it on the market.

Suddenly our plans went out the window.  We had to think about what we needed in temporary housing without knowing how long we would be there.  We had to coordinate with packers and movers for two homes, corporate apartment representatives, realtors and auto shippers.  It was all in a flash and we didn't have any time to reflect on our lives in St. Louis.

So, here I am heading out the door in a little while to go back to St. Louis on my way to Texas.  I have the opportunity to see my friends, relax and enjoy their company, visit my old 'hood and see what it is that I think I'm missing.  Then I will have the chance to see if it is something that can be duplicated in Charlotte.  The reality is that it took me close to 8 years to find my place in St. Louis.  But, for the first time in any of our moves I am actively seeking what it is that makes me feel the most like me.

I have to say that it is a real blessing to be able to do this.  I guess that is what getting older and having more choices is all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment